Solid Waste Services
For over 15 year, Holland Engineering has been assisting many of the area landfills with professional engineering and surveying services. Our project services have typically included surveying and engineering support for landfill capping, grade staking and certifications, volumetric calculations and engineering assistance for excavation services.
Holland Engineering ensures that all field personnel are properly trained for working within hazardous waste locations with 40-hour HAZWOPER training courses. In addition to the traditional landfill support services, our full scope of services includes:
- cell design
- quarterly waste surveys
- leachate collection and recycling system design
- gas recovery system design
- airspace volume calculations
- construction staking
- construction staking certification for new cells
- development of construction record documentation
- construction administration
- engineering design support
- engineering CAD support
- pipeline and facility related design
Green Valley Landfill
Waste Management, Inc.
Holland Engineering recently had the opportunity to provide the establishment of horizontal and vertical project control at the Green Valley Landfill in DuPage County, IL.