Holland Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking a Structural Engineer to join their Holland office location. The Engineer role is intended for those motivated individuals with 4-6 years of experience in structural engineering possessing a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited university and licensed as a professional engineer (PE). NCEES record is preferred.
The Structural Engineer role is to support the Group Manager and various organizational discipline engineers in a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
- Structural analysis and design of small to mid-scale projects for commercial and industrial clients;
- Structural modeling using RISA-3D; pipe stress analysis using Bentley AutoPIPE;
- Structural condition assessments;
- Preparation and review of structural drawings and specifications in AutoCAD (Revit preferred), including integration of internal, and customer-specific CAD standards;
- Representation at project meetings, attendance at pre-construction, pre-fabrication and construction meetings;
- Coordination and internal collaboration with Project Engineers and CAD Designers on project requirements and other tasks required to deliver successful projects;
- Identifies potential future opportunities with existing clients.
The Structural Engineer position will require a solid knowledge of steel, concrete and wood design, investigations experience, strong organizational skills and task-oriented focus to support various project demands and workloads. This position may require 5% annual domestic travel. It is expected the successful candidate will remain flexible to perform the full range of assignments with a positive attitude.