Holland and Southfield Offices
Holland Engineering is a highly qualified multi-disciplinary environmental science, survey, and engineering consulting firm. We have an immediate opening and excellent professional growth opportunity for a Wetland Biologist within our growing environmental group in our Holland and Southfield, Michigan offices. We invest in our employees through competitive salaries, training, benefits, and flexible schedule. We are a “family-focused” company designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm’s business goals and needs.
Minimum Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree in Biology or equivalent and at least three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Candidate must have the ability to pay attention to detail and be able to QA/QC permit submittals.
- Excellent written skills, oral communication, and research abilities are additionally required.
Qualified Candidates Ideally will have Experience in the Following Areas:
- Technical writing and review
- Biological resources assessment
- Species surveys
- Wetland delineations & jurisdictional determinations
- Regulatory permitting
- Regulatory compliance oversight
- Regulatory compliance monitoring
- NEPA (EA, EIS, EIR, ER)
- Variety of ecological assignments for gas pipelines, energy related projects, highways, airports, mining, real estate, lawyers, and other redevelopment projects.
- Must be able to converse professionally with clients and regulators.
- Completion of the USACE 40 Hour Wetland Training or Species Certifications would be ideal.