Holland Engineering’s Civil Infrastructure division has remained busy this summer with plenty of land development projects; including tiny houses, high-rise residential apartments, and commercial expansion projects.
On the commercial front, we have been a part of many exciting projects.
- Koops, Inc. – We worked closely with the owner, general contractor, and architect to complete the first phase of a significant facility expansion on the Southside of Holland, Michigan.
- LE Enterprises – Their commercial spec building on the North side of Holland, Michigan is nearing completion and should available for lease soon.
- Permaloc Corporation – The most recent expansion at their site in Olive Township is completed and is in use. This expansion will significantly increase the raw material and finished goods storage on the property and is set-up to allow future production expansion.
- Ada Hillside Center – They recently broke ground on a new commercial building within the existing shopping center in Ada Township, Michigan.
- Plascore, Inc. – A significant (100,000 sq ft) manufacturing and office expansion are currently underway at one of their facilities within the City of Zeeland, Michigan.
- 601 Bond – Construction of the 16-story high-rise with residential apartments and ground floor retail space on the NW side of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan kicked off this August.
- Central Commons – Construction is substantially completed on the development of six “tiny homes” in Holland, Michigan. They are working through their list of interested persons to see if the small homes are sold already, or if some will go on the market.
Holland Engineering has designed a number of engineered on-site systems recently. Some of these have included advanced treatment systems due to the high groundwater table and proximity to lakes, while others are pressure dose mounds or hillside system due to low permeability soils.
Various sand mining operations have reached out to us for our services as well. We’ve worked with a couple of local aggregate suppliers to perform several services for them including assisting with permit renewals, obtaining approvals for new pit locations, volume calculations using conventional survey and UAS surveys.
For more information on these projects or land development services, please contact:
Ryan Ysseldyke, P.E.
Land Development Group Manager