Working at Holland Engineering
Holland Engineering is an excellent company with much to offer its employees. We offer competitive benefits, cutting edge technology, advanced training opportunities, and more. Whatever your background, we offer positions that will build on your strengths to help you reach your career goals.
Recognizing that individual and family needs can vary greatly, our plans and programs are built to suit our diverse employee population. Our benefits include: paid time off; paid holidays; the choice between two stable health care plans, dental insurance; 401k retirement options; life insurance, long term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts; and wellness programs.
In addition to our competitive benefits, we offer enhanced training opportunities, professional and business development, as well as community involvement for those that want to continue challenging themselves. All of this is offered in a relaxed, professional environment that focuses on one common goal – to equip our team members with all the tools necessary to excel in their careers and become industry leaders.
Holland Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking a Structural Engineering Group Manager to join their Holland office location. This lead engineering position offers a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in structural engineering and will provide an excellent opportunity to advance your career.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering.
- 8-10 years of experience. Prior group management experience preferred but not required. Must demonstrate willingness/desire and passion to successfully lead a group.
- Professional Engineering license required. SE license is a plus. NCEES record preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to interact professionally with staff and clientele, strong work ethic with high attention to detail and efficient time management.
- Onsite construction support experience or field experience.
- Solid knowledge of steel, concrete and wood design, investigations experience, strong organizational skills and task-oriented focus to support various project demands and workloads.
- Ideal candidate will be responsible for guiding and managing a team of structural engineers and designers, while ensuring the integrity of the overall design; and that projects stay on time, within budget, meet quality assurance standards and client satisfaction.
- Manage and direct all business and client development activities for the group and identify future opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Prepare, review, and provide guidance for design calculations, develop specifications, and work with designers on structural drawings in AutoCAD and Revit including integration of internal, and customer-specific CAD standards.
- Proficiency using structural modeling with RISA-3D and pipe stress analysis using Bentley AutoPIPE, preferred.
- Project Administration, including billing review reports and invoicing. Experience in Deltek VantagePoint is a plus.
- Represent the firm at project meetings, attendance at pre-construction, pre-fabrication and construction meetings, as well as conducting client/site visits.
- Coordination and internal collaboration with engineers and staff from other disciplines on project requirements and other tasks required to deliver successful projects.
- This position may require 10% annual domestic travel.
HEI has a wide range of clients and projects, and therefore, the position requires an individual with a strong technical background and analytical skills that can quickly evaluate project requirements and apply the most effective resources.
If you are interested in becoming a member of a successful company that strives for quality work and client satisfaction, we would like to hear from you. We offer full benefits, competitive wages and a friendly, professional work environment. Holland Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Email or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, 220 Hoover Blvd., Suite 2. Holland, Michigan 49423, attention Rose Bays, Human Resource Manager.
Holland Engineering is always looking for skilled candidates to compliment our talented team of professionals. We do accept unsolicited resumes. However, we strongly encourage you to apply online for a specific position. If you submit your resume as a general inquiry, you will be contacted by one of our professionals should there be interest in your qualifications.
Holland Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.