Holland Engineering, Inc. (HEI) is actively seeking a Construction Inspector to join their Civil Engineering Group in the Holland, Michigan office location. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Inspector who is self-motivated, has a strong work ethic, and pays attention to detail.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of related field and office experience in construction observation and testing of transportation, municipal sewer and water projects, and familiarity with industry practices and specifications. Soil Erosion and Controls (SESC) inspection experience, MDOT or MDOT Local Agency construction experience, and certifications are all preferred.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Construction observation of private school and industry construction projects; as well as municipal water, sewer, drainage, and road infrastructure projects;
- Oversee and schedule density and concrete testing of construction materials;
- Provide detailed written documentation of construction observations and materials incorporated into the project;
- Maintain accurate construction records;
- Maintain and develop positive & professional client, contractor, and team relationships.
Candidate must possess good written and oral communication skills, have the ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and remain organized and manage time efficiently. Awareness of project schedules, progress reports, and budgets are important for this position.
Technical experience is required in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Field Book, and ProjectWise software. Experience in basic survey principles, as well as the use of GPS equipment, is desired. Candidate must work with a safety-conscious mindset, possess a valid driver’s license, and successfully complete a drug and alcohol test along with a background check upon hire.
This full-time position offers a competitive hourly wage and full benefits. If you are interested in becoming a member of a successful company that strives for quality work and client satisfaction, we would like to hear from you. Holland Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may submit their resume through our website by clicking on the “Apply Online” button below or send directly to Rose Bays, Human Resource Manager, via email (email@example.com) or by mail (220 Hoover Blvd, Holland, MI 49423).